How far would you go?
Today was another of those days that began 300 km away from where it all finish up tonight.
See – sunrise over the Lake at TB 2 (No crocodiles in sight):
Visibility went from nothingness to the most eerie orange light. We were all standing outside trying to take pictures of it:
By the time I made it back to my little house at TB 2, I really was drenched and had missed dinner. The irony was that the cracks I showed you yesterday – and that took up so much of my time: well… we were trying to come up with a way to brush the cracked off portions down in a controlled manner. We came up with running water into them until they were soaked and they oozed off. It was a Good Plan.
Then came the monsoonal downpour at 1830.
And we had spent all day working out where we would get the water from…..
anyway.. There was some left over lasagna in the kitchen – which I think I have left in my fridge…… for dinner. I loooooove lasagna. So gobbled that whilst dripping and then tried to make sense of…..
The Hatching Plan.
(if you could just drum your fingers on the desk for me to get the right amount of suspenseful ambience?)
If you have been reading the blog for a while.. you’ve probably been able to find out a fair bit about me.
I have a Sister ( Bob) and a Mother (M_F) who both post comments here.
(actually – you could probably say “D’uh!!!!” about that !)
You may not know:
7 months ago, I was suffering so badly from depression, I could barely make the decision processes needed to walk out my front door. I was ill at the thought of driving to work.
And so I needed to stop and do something else.
To prove to myself and to others that maybe I could do a good job.
And.. as the song says now.. I have to believe
“that life is just a leap of faith, Spread your arms and hold your breath, Always trust your cape”.
On Monday I received a job offer from another Heavy Contracting Company, working in a Mine Site about 1000km away.
I was fairly motivated to take it.
Yesterday I resigned officially as a Lieutenant in the Navy and will commence a transfer to the Reserves.
Today… I am almost ready to tell you all….
There are some dreams I have never lost sight of.
To have land of my own. A farm where I can have my horses.
A house that suits me.
And… other bits have been added : alpacas… yarn….
and maybe some bigger things in the future…
If I take this huge step.. I will be able to afford to do it in the next year.
I will have to leave this company who took me in when I couldnt drive myself from one place to another without being in hysterics. M_F had the fun of me crying that first night when I wasnt sure I could even get dressed the next day.
But I did…..
And now.. If I take this job, I will have to pack up my little house – at TB 1 .. and leave TB 2 and TB 3 behind me.
It is a lot of money.. I will be working pretty much the same hours but in a very different location…..And on the plus side – I get to go home to M_F and F_F and the horses.. and the mogs (who you havent met yet) once a month for a week.
So the decision gets made tonight.
It was a huge leap to come this far.. how about we all hold hands and take the next step to see where Safety Boots and Crochet lead to?